Monday, April 23, 2012

Reiki in Calligraphy Form


I am feeling kind of mellow this morning. The soft Sedona sun is filtering in from the east; is is a Monday, which is the beginning of a new work week, and I like my work; I have people in my life that I care about and I feel I matter to them. I was reminded of this calligraphy piece that is in my current show in Jerome.It is a collage piece, about 24" by 36", in shades of tan and brown. Just in case you cannot read clearly, it is called the 5 Principles of Reiki, which a healing modality that I don't really know too much about, but am curious.
It goes something like this.... Just for today I will live the attitude of gratitude...I will not fear or worry... I will not be angry...I will do my work honestly...I will be kind to my neighbor and every living thing.
So that is my task for myself today: to go forth and to live out my own art work, and catch myself when I go into those old patterns of reacting to things , without being mindful of my intention.
What are your feelings on this? care to comment?

1 comment:

  1. plz do not feel offended & wonder about any " i will not ..."; sounds like something from a confessional interview with a priest wanting a list of what u will not do next time.
    who knows what may arise in the next second; it may b anger, fear or even joy.
    same goes 4 all the wills-- " i will b a good person next ..."
    we can live in the present. then, all the concepts disappear.

    ReplyDelete