Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How to Write Your Blog


How to write a blog? It's similar to this blank journal that I created. All that open space, just waiting for you to fill it up with meaningful words, designs, and images.
Well, I think the first step is sitting down at your computer. There you are, waiting for inspiration to hit you between the eyes. Doesn't happen, then what is on your mind at that particular time, in that particular space ? For me , it's all about writing what thought is in the foreground of my brain at the very time I sit down before the screen.
How is that like creating art? Well, sometimes, who knows what your body , or your mind , or even your hand is capable of commencing? Sometimes, just taking the clay in your hands, feeling it squish between your fingers, rolling out a coil, or a slab, that can be the impetus leading to creation. Sometimes, you can take a word, or a color and out that comes an abstraction. "What a surprise'", you say to yourself, " I like that". Ever been there?
So, for me, I do not lay it out, make a list or preordain. As I said on my very first blog, I just " do it". Maybe after many blogs, I may choose to be more scientific, but not just now. Is any of this a help to you out there saying to yourself " how do I write my blog?" Please send me comments, good, bad or indifferent.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Blog post. Just do it!!! ...and let it unfold in front of you.

    ReplyDelete