Wednesday, September 6, 2017

"Outrageous "Calligraphy

Here is a framed print of my calligraphic piece entitled     " Outrageous". It is part of my "ripped torn series", where I use my hands, never scissors, to tear the papers and create that loose effect I am after. 
I prefer using  handmade paper whenever possible.   It's the texture, and the way it rips that can even leave intriguing bits of thread  to create my  desired image. I use a heavy white stock to write my message in the Italic alphabet, in black ink. I like to add a metallic water color as an accent. Since I chose gold paint , my frame color was to pick up this hue. This is one of the smaller prints, but I also show this as a card.
Finally, I think the message is why I chose this for today's blog. It reads as follows:" I want to be an outrageous old woman who never gets called old lady. I want to get leaner and meaner, sharp edged and earth colored 'til I fade away from pure Joy!". Author Unknown. 
As my years on this earth mount up, I want to engage and rejoice in my individuality. Pure joy seems a nice way to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment