Friday, May 10, 2013

Mask Magic

I think there is some nice mask magic surrounding me.
Recently, I hadn't been selling very much.That can send me  into my head, where I tell myself stories without happy endings. Often a gallery will call or email about a sale in order for me to  replace the item. Ceramic masks, decorated with yarn,feathers, or  fur. 
 I came home to find a phone message.My large mask sold in  Tlaquepaque, an intriguing gallery  area here in Sedona. Could I bring in some replacements? Delicious to sell  what I  am proud of!  Fortunately I had just finished two new,  large clay pieces,  each measuring about 14 " with  lots of tall feathers. I was covered! I always like to have something already made to replace a sold item. Fill the space and avoid that panic feeling.
 When  I went to my computer a message appeared about a sale of, you guessed it, a mask. Wow, this was  a nice way to start a Monday. On Tuesday afternoon came a call from Jerome about the sale of another miniature mask.I created this small piece, entitled " Fur Mask", to have for a replacement, just in case.
Three masks, three days. What are the odds? Mere coincidence? All I can figure is that it is  some sort of swirling energy. I choose to call it magic.
Now I get to return to my clay studio and create, well of course, new ceramic masks!

1 comment:

  1. congratulations, Victoria...you've really captured the essence of your subject, which people perceive and relate to!

    ReplyDelete