Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Art of Reinvention


This ceramic piece is entitled " Feathered Fantasy". A rather tall, sculptural piece, it is my recent example of the art of reinvention.
Currently in show entitled " Second Chance",the premise is to reenter art that  had been formerly exhibited, but obviously not sold. I took it a step further, and changed its appearance. 
 I was pleased when I created it. I liked its aspects of  shape, form and color. I used hand building; wheel throwing; celadon green crackle glaze  in a primitive firing to create these effects.  
But, it did not sell. It resided in its tall, brown cardboard storage box , making me kind of sad that my vision had not connected with  a collector. Time to reinvent. 
I like to add adornment to my clay creations. Another dimension to the wonderful world of clay. I often  use feathers, and stones . Elements of the sky and the earth. While rifling though my large , rather messy bag with feathers, and boxes with beads in all shapes and colors, slowly, the new new form emerges.  Invention, yet another time. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment