Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Art of Aging Well

 The holidays are such a nice time to reconnect with people we know. This is a picture of me with my friend, Ed,  taken at a recent gathering.
Ed is 100 years old. I first met him about twenty five years ago and he didn't look much different then.
He likes making art; his red wine; and connecting with people. Losing his wife was a difficult change." It's hard living alone", he shared. Yet he keeps on and enjoys the beautiful red rock country he calls home.
Is it our surroundings that make us age well? This place I live in has clean air and water and blue skies. It is a great boon to creativity. Human beings are tough. Our genes have an effect. If we manage to outwit all those devious health" challenges", is there a sheer joy of living that makes us go on? 
The month of January is almost upon us. It is a new year for the world, but also when I started my life journey here on this lovely planet called earth. I want to pay special attention to this art of growing older with grace.It is perhaps my ultimate creation.
 Any thoughts to share?

1 comment:

  1. Love the sparkly sweater and radiant smile! A wonderful 2013 could be defined has having relationships that are long lasting and make us joyful. The picture says it all.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete