Saturday, September 21, 2013

Turquoise Decoration

I just completed another firing of my turquoise ceramics. This bowl came out of the kiln, and seemed to have a magic all of its own. There is a pattern where the glaze was a bit thicker.Seems like the ocean to me. It is rather large in diameter,measuring  about fourteen inches across by approximately three inches in height.This is food safe,but also can make a statement just as it stands, or should I say, sits.
 I like to embellish the edge of my bowls with additional small coils of the porcelain clay.I think this adds something to catch the eye, and make you realize this is a handmade piece. Another definition of decoration is ornamentation. I felt adding  some actual turquoise stones would give it another texture. Stones on the outside reflecting the color of a semi precious jewel  on the the inside. Now there's turquoise decoration!

4 comments:

  1. This time I hope it is working ... this is a test

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you work Victoria . It seems to work (for answering you here)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just purchased a similar one in Jerome. I love it 😀❤️😀

    ReplyDelete