Sunday, September 15, 2013

Turquoise Vase

I  heard from the gallery that this turquoise colored vase was just  sold. It stands about a foot tall, and is adorned with genuine Arizona turquoise stones. How nice that someone wants to own my vision of this handmade vessel. It has a  clear white interior, which is actually the porcelain clay covered by a high fired clear glaze. Thus it  can hold water. Oblong in shape, it feels modern to me, almost architectural in form. The vertical strips of clay on the front draw the eye up and down. The turquoise pieces add some fun to it!

Perhaps it was appreciated mainly for its style and color, and will be used for decorative purposes. I like to think of it  holding a  colorful bouquet of flowers. As I came down Oak Creek canyon tonight, I saw the bright yellow blossoms of summer's last wild flowers blooming. What a nice vision - colorful blossoms emerging from my vase.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations...I can so relate to finding a handmade treasure to take home. You've made someone very happy.

    ReplyDelete