Monday, November 19, 2012

Facing a Challenge

I had a wonderful day yesterday. I learned how  to make a  kinetic pop up book in a workshop taught by, and filled with, other  book artists. Everyone takes turns teaching, and it is always an adventure! Here is a picture of what I invented  by the end of the day. 
I love the fact that I created a finished book.That  gives me such a feeling of satisfaction. The pages open and reveal a dimension behind. They can also be a kinetic object, as is  the circle on the right sided page. Up and down it goes...magic! 
I guess what I felt the most was the challenge of learning new things, which were intimidating to me with their complexity. I persevered and was finally able  to understand these new ways  of thinking. I guess everyday we are all faced with how to solve a new dilemma.There seem always to be new problems that come up at the most inopportune times. How do we face these challenges? First remember to Breathe. Working  more slowly until the right solution presents itself can be a helpful path. For me, it always comes down to just staying with it, until here is an evolution  into the new creation I envision. Of course, often I have to totally change that vision and follow the path that seems to unfold by the materials and the inspiration. Life and art are not so different. 


No comments:

Post a Comment