Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Words of Siddhartha on Clay

                                                                           Here is my latest creation   uniting  my dual arts of  ceramics and  calligraphy. I love to use the clean white porcelain as the " canvas" to my cobalt blue brush lettering. It is entitled "The Mind", and these are words that speak to me.What goes on in our heads can be  a powerful force in our lives.What we dwell on does often take on a life of its own. I like reading inspirational words that make me look inward. I hope other people might find a connection to my presentation. 
This quote is  attributed to a famous spiritual leader, Siddhartha Gautama,who lived a very long time ago in Nepal. Raised in wealth as the son of a king, he left that world to become a monk. Sitting under the bohdi tree, he was  searching for the answers to the problem of suffering to come.Finally came understanding and he became the Buddha, which means " he who is awake." 
What you think is important. What you see can start this process. Comments? 

No comments:

Post a Comment