Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hair Do

I seem to be on a wave  with my folk art ceramic pictures. Here is yet another in the  series, entitled "Hair Do". I have always liked to work with the human aspect in clay. Sometimes I really want to be representational.With this piece, I prefer giving  a  somewhat abstract interpretation. I want  to have fun creating it, and I hope  you  smile when you see it. Why not be happy looking at  a piece of art we put on display?
 It can also be  a functional piece of ceramics The lady's head opens the container. Voila, you can fill her up with your treasures. Once again, it is all hand made with porcelain slabs, then glazed in its turquoise and pink polka dots.Then comes a primitive firing to make her glaze crackle and her inside dark and mysterious.  Finish her off with a "do" made of horsehair, and here is a unique creation.  People often  ask me where I get these ideas . Hmm. Some dark recess of my creative mind I guess. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. is the body contained inside ?
    quirky piece--pink polka dots dance to the music of frankie yankovich & his polka all-stars.
    maybe the tune is "hair barrel polka".

    ReplyDelete